Wednesday 13 July 2011

Preparory Work

During my prepatory task, I made a magazine cover and a film poster, both advertising the film I had created with my group. We chose to call our film Prying Eye and the genre of the film is horror. We chose this genre as we felt we would be able to use a wide range of effects and colour schemes to portray it, for example, colours such as red, green and black all relate to the theme of horror. We thought it would be enjoyable to make and also thought that, due to the large amount of horror films, the research would be indepth and there would be a lot in this genre that we could get inspiration from. Due to my previous AS work, I knew the typical conventions to use on the magazine, such as a masthead, plugs, pugs, etc. Our choice of genre is horror, so I ensured that my colour scheme and the effects I used portrayed this genre well, for example, my masthead and the cover title are in red and black, which are typical 'horror' colours. I also used a negative image effect on my central image which also supports my horror genre. When editing my central image, I used Adobe Photoshop to make the victim appear in full colour, while the villian and the background was in negative. This gives the illusion of a horror film, as the victim is singled out and this reinforces the danger she is in. I also used the blur tool to make the background appear more warped which also supports my horror genre. When making my film poster, I used a red coloured film effect on the photo to portray the horror genre that my group and I had chosen. I also ensured used a grayscale effect because this also ties in with my horror theme. My font colour of a dark red gives the illusion of blood which relates to the theme of horror, as well as the white glow around my font which creates an 'eerie' feeling. Also, we chose to take the photo in the toilets, in the mirror, which supports our horror genre because they are quite creepy and look old, for example, the peeling paint reinforces the horror theme. Due to my previous AS work, I felt confident when using Adobe Photoshop but realised I'd forgotten may of the tools and techniques I'd learnt, but after working on the programme I learnt how to use them again. I also felt that my AS work helped me create this prepatory task because I used some of the effects and fonts I have used on my AS work and also I knew the typical conventions of a magzine and what would typically appear on a front cover, such as plugs and pugs. This helped me to ensure that the magazine looked realistic.



No comments:

Post a Comment